- 1 bunch Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 Garlic head, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 ½ Carrot, chopped
- 1 ½ Celery, chopped
- 6 cans Tomato Sauce (14-16 ounce)
- ½ teaspoon each of Thyme, Sage, Oregano, Rosemary, Basil and 3 Bay Leafs
- Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of Saffron
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 6-8 Crabs
- 1-pound large Scallops
- 1-pound Mussels
- 1-pound medium Prawns
- 1-2 loafs of Italian French bread
- Sauté parsley, garlic, onion, carrot and celery in olive oil/butter in saucepan.
- Add 2 cans of water to each can of tomato sauce in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add seasonings, sauté mixture and wine and cook uncovered at medium boil for 3-4 hours. Sauce should reduce by half.
- Add crabs, scallops and mussels. Cook covered 45 minutes before serving.
- Add prawns 10 minutes before serving.
- Peel cloves of garlic. Toast slices of French bread, and then rub garlic cloves over slices.
- Put two slices of garlic toast into plate or soup bowl, and spoon sauce and fish over bread.
*Note: I figure ½ crab per person.
print this page